How will I benefit from this Master Class?
On successful completion of the Master Class, you will be awarded a Certificate of CSS Mastery that demonstrates you have the practical skills and knowledge required to:
- Clean up the mark-up of your source content, making it leaner and easier to maintain
- Easily refactor your content from a single source for a range of different output formats, both on-screen and print-based
- Take advantage of advanced effects such as transitions, hover effects, and interactivity
- Use a variety of powerful techniques for ensuring the responsive behaviour of your content on a range of screen sizes and types
- Go beyond the boundaries of what is possible from within the UI of your authoring tool
- Ensure that you comply with important industry-wide professional standards.
Introducing your workshop leaders
Matthew Ellison (UA Europe)
Matthew has over 30 years of experience as a user assistance and eLearning professional in the software industry. He has been a popular speaker at conferences and training events throughout the world since 1997, and gave his first presentation on CSS in 1999. Matthew is a MadCap Flare Certified Instructor and an expert in many other user assistance tools and technologies. He is a past winner of the prestigious Horace Hockley award that is presented annually by the ISTC.
Scott DeLoach (ClickStart)
Scott is the founder of ClickStart, a UA/UX design, consulting, and training company in the USA. Over the last 25 years, he has given more than 150 presentations about MadCap Flare, web-based user assistance, UI design, and CSS at conferences around the world. Scott is a certified MadCap Flare instructor and consultant, the manager of MadCap’s certification program, and the author of MadCap Flare Developer’s Guide and CSS to the Point.
Thomas Bro-Rasmussen (Lokomatik)
Based in Denmark, Thomas graduated as M.Sc. in human physiology, biochemistry and biology, but has spent the past 30 years in the world of computer graphics and communication. Thomas has equally divided his expertise between design, training and development. His expertise ranges from the intricacy of adjusting a glyph in a font, to the successful automated publishing of a million-page technical documentation set.